10.07.2011

Back Home.

Our recent trip to Vegas and Disneyland was amazing -
not simply because we stayed up late
laughing on rides and people watching
or eating our hearts out...

Not because of the cool California air
or flying into Vegas and seeing 
"The Strip" all aglow...

Our trip was amazing
because we spent it with people
who mean so much to us.

And now, we're back. 
In fact, I'm happy to be back.
But there is a loneliness in returning home.
I'm not sure how to describe it.

Maybe it's just me, 
or the fact that Tan and I live so far from our families.
This distance has a way of making me feel isolated,
alone even.
I guess that's partly why I blog.

Well, it's cold and overcast here,
and I feel like sharing one of my favorite songs.
Enjoy. :)



5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys had a great trip :) It was awesome to getting to hang out with you both and play fun games (Alan wants it for Christmas now hehe)! & of course, have you meet our new addition :) Love you and can't wait to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a great time in CA and understand those wistful feelings when returning home, which doesn't always feel that way. Having moved more times than I can count on two hands in the last fifteen years, I will say that it always takes me about a year before I feel comfortable in a new place. I don't know, what do you think?

    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean...I love it here in Southern California, but I miss my loved ones where I used to live. I'm glad you had such a great time. It's always good to be home.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, that song is beautiful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Alissa- Tan and I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys (and Ainsley) too! I'm sure we'll be hanging out again whenever we're in town! Tanner keeps telling me how he can't wait to show Alan some more games. ;) Love you too!

    @Camille - good to know! I grew up moving a lot - my dad was in the Air Force :) So, adaptation typically comes easily for me... I think that after a year, I'll be set. Thanks for the encouragement!

    @Red Rose Alley- Glad I'm not alone! :) Thanks for the love!

    @Suzy- Glad you like it! I'm dying to learn that piano part! (My skills are somewhat lacking :P)

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.