9.26.2012

Latest Painting: The Prince





"The Prince"
16 x 20
Acrylics

(8x10 Prints Available HERE)

Detail:


One of my favorite quotes 
from Charles Spurgeon,
 the Prince of Preachers:

"Our drops of sorrow may well be forgotten 
in the ocean of His griefs; 
but how high ought our love to rise!  
 Come in, 
O strong and deep love of Jesus, 
like the sea at the flood 'n spring tides, 
cover all my powers, 
drown all my sins, 
wash out all my cares, 
lift up my earth-bound soul,
 and float it right up to my Lord's feet,
 and there let me lie, 
a poor broken shell, 
washed up by His love, 
having no virtue or value; 
and only venturing to whisper to Him 
that if He will put His ear to me, 
He will hear within my heart
 faint echoes of the vast waves 
of His own love 
which have brought me where 
it is my delight to lie, 
even at His feet forever."

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. GAH!!! Thank you, Suzy!!! :D I'm sort of figuring it out as I go!

      Delete

Speak your mind.